Thanksgiving is a joyous time of year. Many of us get together each year with friends, family members, and coworkers to celebrate life and show our appreciation for the things that we feel most thankful for. It truly is a special time of year. Enjoying a wonderful meal with our loved ones is often the perfect way to kick off the holiday season.
At other times, sneaking away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life is truly the way to experience the beginning of the holiday season. You and your significant other can enjoy a fun filled, romantic weekend together without anyone getting in the way of experiencing each other’s company. Ocean City is the perfect place to take in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season while getting away from it all for a little while with someone you care deeply about.
Are you thinking about spending Thanksgiving in Ocean City, Maryland this year? It’s the perfect Thanksgiving location for those looking to make a change to begin the upcoming holiday season. There are wonderful Ocean City resorts and hotels to stay in that provides great atmosphere and a beautiful place to enjoy a scrumptious Thanksgiving meal. If you plan to stay for the long weekend, there are also many wonderful and romantic activities that you and your significant other can enjoy all throughout the holiday weekend.
For those couples still undecided as to whether or not they should spend Thanksgiving weekend in Ocean City, we’re going to help make your decision easier than ever. Pay close attention to the rest of this commentary and discover many wonderful places to go and beautiful sights to see while enjoying Thanksgiving in OC.
The Best Place to Eat Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City
After many years of relishing the Thanksgiving holiday in Ocean City, Maryland, we’ve discovered that the Princess Royale Hotel is the ideal place to go to eat a scrumptious Thanksgiving meal. To make this special day perfect for everyone, they offer a couple of different ways for people visiting the area to take advantage of the incredible Thanksgiving meal they share with the community each year.
We personally recommend this oceanfront hotel in Ocean City, MD and its Thanksgiving buffet because the meal is truly to die for. They have all of the best Thanksgiving fixings on their menu and you’ll truly appreciate the scrumptious taste of some of your holiday favorites that include:
- Roasted Turkey and Giblet Gravy
- Top Round of Beef Au Ju
- Honey Glazed Baked Virginia Ham
- Baked Atlantic Salmon
- Pumpkin Bisque
- Candied Yams & Whipped Poatoes
- Chef’s Famous Stuffing
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Pie & Much More!
To take advantage of the Turkey Day Getaway! or the Thanksgiving Buffet, feel free to contact Princess Royale immediately to make a reservation at 410-0524-7777. Rooms fill up quickly during this time of year so don’t hesitate too long or you might miss out on an amazing experience.
Take in the Sights and Sounds of the Ocean City Boardwalk
Most people think about the Ocean City boardwalk during the warm summer months, but they forget that it’s open all year long. The shops are still bustling and even though Thanksgiving is until the end of November, the weather is always still warm enough to enjoy a long, leisurely stroll with somebody you love.
There are so many things happening still during the month of November. Some of the amazing sights and sounds that you’ll get to take in on the Boardwalk include:
- Light Up Downtown Festival – in 2017, this fun and exciting festival takes place in November. It’s free and it’s something that everyone truly enjoys. Take in the tree lighting ceremony, pay a visit to Santa, enter drawings for holiday gifts, buy food and drinks from the many vendors and even take in a bit of holiday shopping.
- Horse and carriage rides with Santa Claus – this featured event on the Ocean City boardwalk begins on December 3 and December 4, so you’re going to have to spend the week if you still want to be there after the Thanksgiving festivities are through. You’ll love trotting along the boardwalk in Santa Claus’s big red sleigh!
Fun Couple Activities in Ocean City
Happy couples love Ocean City because there are so many wonderful things to do and so many amazing sights to see even during Thanksgiving weekend. This vacation town is always bustling during the holidays, and it is truly a sight to behold.
Some fun activities to do as a couple in Ocean City include:
- Bowling – if you are feeling competitive or just want to enjoy a leisurely game or two against your significant other, then you’re in luck because we’ve found a great bowling alley on 72nd St. called Ocean Lanes. They are open all year round, serve cold beer and wine, and even have a scrumptious snack bar. Kick back, take a load off, and have a fun night bowling against the love of your life.
- Winterfest Of Lights – this is an award-winning holiday paradise that’s great for the whole family. It’s also an exciting place to visit with your romantic partner if you’re feeling the holiday spirit. It has hundreds of lights displays and animated figurines to take in. The sites are truly breathtaking. Or spend time in the Winterfest Village Pavilion while sipping hot chocolate with your loved ones.
Clearly, Ocean City is the place to be during the Thanksgiving holiday season. Visit with your family or enjoy a romantic getaway and create lasting memories that will stay with you for a lifetime.