Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Director of Outlets
The Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, create schedules, and design cocktails. You should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the front of house operations in assigned areas.
- Create alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interview, train, supervise, appraise, and counsel employees.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Create and adjust staff schedules to meet restaurant needs.
- Engage with guests and colleagues in a professional manner.
- Assist in maintaining monthly inventory.
- Attend food & beverage meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Develop relationships with guests in order to provide personalized service and repeat guests.
- Graciously handle guest complaints.
- Inspect dining areas, bars, and other public areas for cleanliness, safety hazards, and correct furniture and equipment set up.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to the uniform guidelines.
- Maintain positive guest and interdepartmental relations at all times.
- Coordinate set up of special events in the restaurant and bar areas.
- Resume and proven working experience as a manager/bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Perform other job-related activities as required or assigned by a supervisor/manager.
- At least 2 years of food and beverage experience.
- Strong knowledge and interest in food and beverage
- Knowledge of POS systems.
- Great communication skills, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Able to work in a team environment and welcome feedback and direction.
- Capable of standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, climb up and down stairs, walk, and carry multiple objects.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment