Pay $14 per hour
Department: Front Office Department
Immediate Supervisors: MODs, Front Office Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly sincere welcome and a smile. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the computer system. Confirm guest name by requesting photo identification and credit card. Confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Have guest fill out registration sheet and sign accordingly.
- Handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned cash drawer. Accept and record credit cards, gift certificates, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts.
- Inform guests about directions, parking information and any other information required for the successful check in process.
- Make restaurant, car rental or any other reservations for the guests. Deliver amenities to the rooms. Research local activities information for the guest’s as well as any information requested.
- Answer all incoming calls with a clear, friendly and professional tone using standard hotel greetings. Properly route department calls.
- Answer radio calls and dispatch radio calls to other departments, as necessary.
- Answer and record all guest service calls and efficiently inform the appropriate personnel to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Clear all guest service calls with proper department.
- Contact guest upon completion of guest service call to ensure their satisfaction.
- Clearly record wake-up call request.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve the problem within established guidelines – may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solution and resolve complications such as location changes. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Keep Front Office area as well as Back Office clean.
- Summon guest service personnel for assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate. Operate fax machine to send and receive transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function in the computer. Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required. Retrieve mail, small packages and faxes to guests as necessary.