Starting Pay $15 per hour
Department: Front Office Department
Immediate Supervisors: Front Office Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly sincere welcome and a smile. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the computer system. Confirm guest name by requesting photo identification and credit card. Confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys.
- Handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned cash drawer. Accept and record credit cards, gift certificates, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts.
- Inform guests about directions, parking information and any other information required for the successful check in process.
- Provide efficient and professional telephone service to all clients to maximize the comfort and convenience of all hotel guests.
- Answer all incoming calls with a clear, friendly and professional tone using standard hotel greetings. Properly route department calls.
- Answer radio calls and dispatch radio calls to other departments as necessary.
- Answer and record all guest service calls and efficiently inform the appropriate personnel to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Clear all guest service calls with proper department.
- Contact guest upon completion of guest service call to ensure their satisfaction.
- Clearly record wake-up call request.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve the problem within established guidelines.
- Resolve guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solution and resolve complications such as location changes. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion. Reach out to other departments for a successful resolution for any guest.
- Train, overlook and supervise new hires for concierge/operator/bell/doorman positions using existing Training plans, lead and help them with any questions or concerns.
- Train to know basics of Night Audit job duties. Assist Night Auditor with any questions regarding front and back office duties.
- Help organize monthly Front Office Meetings.
- Run daily High Balance Report, Arrivals Report, Room Move Report and any other reports necessary for successful daily operations of the Front and Back Office.
- Assist with making schedules and filling in any request forms.
- Keep Front Office area as well as Back Office area clean.
- Summon guest service personnel for assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate. Operate fax machine to send and receive transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function in the computer. Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required. Retrieve mail, small packages and faxes to guests as necessary.