Job Summary: To assume responsibility of the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operation knowledge of the duties of the Director of Engineering and the SOP’s and administrative procedures.
- Responsible for work scheduling of R&M and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for training new employees and ongoing supervision. Takes part in interviewing prospective employees, may recommend selection and disciplinary actions. Assists in performance appraisal process.
- Responsible for maintaining required log sheets and records.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate R&M inventory levels.
- Responsible for coordinating all exhibit related activities as directed by the Director of Engineering.
- Responsible for maintaining R&M quality standards and workforce productivity.
- Responsible for carrying out fire inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining the water treatment program.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the physical plant operation, and where appropriate, taking corrective action.