Department: Front Office Department
Immediate Supervisors: Front Desk Supervisor, Assistant Front Office Director, Reservation Manager, Front Office Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Front Office Duties:
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly sincere welcome and a smile. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the computer system. Confirm guest name by requesting photo identification and credit card. Confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Have guest fill out registration sheet and sign accordingly.
- Handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned cash drawer. Accept and record credit cards, gift certificates, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts.
- Inform guests about directions, parking information and any other information required for the successful check in process.
- Provide efficient and professional telephone service to all clients to maximize the comfort and convenience of all hotel guests.
- Answer all incoming calls with a clear, friendly and professional tone using standard hotel greetings. Properly route department calls.
- Answer radio calls and dispatch radio calls to other departments as necessary.
- Answer and record all guest service calls and efficiently inform the appropriate personnel to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Clear all guest service calls with proper department.
- Contact guest upon completion of guest service call to ensure their satisfaction.
- Clearly record wake-up call request.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve the problem within established guidelines – may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solution and resolve complications such as location changes. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Keep Front Office area as well as Back Office clean.
- Summon guest service personnel for assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate. Operate fax machine to send and receive transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function in the computer. Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required. Retrieve mail, small packages and faxes to guests as necessary.
Back Office Duties:
- Ensure that all incoming calls are answered with courtesy and professionalism.
- Ensure that all incoming calls are resolved to guest satisfaction.
- Clearly communicate guest needs to other departments.
- Become well informed of the property and surrounding areas. This helps to enhance your ability to make the best suggestions, according to guest needs, whether making a reservation or simply answering a question about Ocean City.
- Become familiar with the use of our software. (How to make a reservation!)
- Assist callers with making room reservations. Accuracy and attention to detail while entering a reservation is a must. Listen to the guest/caller and note their requests/requirements in the reservation! Make the guest feel good about booking at the Princess Royale.
- Assist callers with making changes to existing rooms reservations. Again, accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to handle guest complaints in a courteous and tactful manner. Our goal is to always provide excellent service, no matter the situation. However, do not be afraid to ask for help.
- Help maintain a professional and positive work environment.
Night Audit Duties:
- Process No-shows and post the correct revenue to be collected. Print and sign each No-showed reservation sign in sheet and place in the accounting mailbox.
- Process Expedia deposits for the next day arrivals.
- Enter F&B revenue from the Daily Sales Report in the correct categories with the correct revenue amounts and zeroing out the F&B audit folio each night.
- Turn hotel over to a new day by running the audit with Room Master.
- Accurately fill out to completion the Night Audit Worksheet with all information required.
- Accurately enter Condo revenue using Lotus Notes nightly notating occupancy and revenue on the Night Audit Worksheet.
- Email appropriate reports to the General Manager that are listed in the Audit checklist after the audit completion.
- Collate the packet of reports for the accounting department and place in the accounting mailbox nightly.
- Transfer the Room Charges tickets for the day from the gray box on the front desk daily/weekly.
- Email the maintenance log/Guest Services log to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post credit card transactions in Shift4, using the Electronic Processing report to balance the sales/refunds/voids ensuring that totals match. If not, researching why they do not and resolve any issues before closing out and printing the batch.
- Verify all incoming group rooms are routed to the segment code GRP after the Audit has run.
- Post any charges/credits to the daily departures to Zero out any balances that are showing due.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.